Minimum Requirement for a Nursery-Class 12th School (Day School)
Area of land for Residential School
- In metro city with population more than 25 lakhs, you are required to have land not less than 1 acre with sufficient building. You must have an arrangement with other organization for providing health education and for conducting physical activities such as games in their grounds.
- The minimum land area staring on schools in Delhi, NCR should be 4000 sq. mts.
- If school has to be started on in hilly areas, the land area should no less than one acre. The norms as prescribed by the Planning Commission shall be applicable for determining the eligibility in hilly areas.
- Excepting Delhi NCR and hilly areas, you should have at least two acres of land space and building constructed on a part of this land with proper arrangement of playgrounds on rest of the land. If the land has been possessed on lease, it is only acceptable if lease duration is not less than 30 years and made in favour society/school intending to start-on school.
- For this type of school, you must possess land about 20 acres. Such school will follow CBSE system and may or may not propose for the IB (International Baccalaureate) system. These schools will be in fact international in all senses and may be established inside and outside India.
- In addition to land, a major part of investment will be invested on the construction. We should be able to secure bank funding for a majority of this amount. Banks also provide one year moratorium to help you establish the school. Within the term of one year, you should be able to attain a stage, where you can start paying the bank instalment from the fee collection.